A running account of the "race without an entry fee"..... The Tuesday night ride

Tuesday the 11th

Rain rain go away, come back again another day.....

Here's who showed up ( aka: the real men ):

John Gregory
Eric Merrill
Greg Ciocci (!?)
Chris Crowle
Jesse K
Brian Wirtz
Brian Koski
Hunter P
Greg from Zephr !?
Little T Alessio
French Casey
Curtis "i'll just hang back" Easton
Todd H
Crazy Chris !?

i think thats everyone.....

Turning off route 10 Eric M & Todd H were setting good pace. Chris C jumped turning onto Mountain Rd, everyone followed ok. Alessio drilled it going up past Higgins on Mountain rd. Hunter P followed with an attack, but he was caught by Cornwall Ave.

Toward the end of Mountain, Chris C and Brian W moved off the front just in time to catch a fast green light. Everyone else stopped. After we got going again, we found Chris had sat up, Brian had not. So ok, lets chase a bit.
Todd H and Chris C, with help from Little T were driving everyone along. They nearly made a split happen going up Jarvis onto Marion. Next up was the slick corner turning onto Knotter. Speed was good, traction not... With Wirtz in view about 10 seconds up the road, Eric M went down. Could've been worse. We pause to make sure his Zipps are ok, and get going again. Wirtz is not going to be caught unless he waits.
Turning onto Rienhard, Alessio and Chris C have a go at it. Todd H and Hunter P give chase. Hunter P, pulling a play from Jacob Hacker's book, goes past them all with a burst right at the top of the hill. he gets a gap that he keeps till after the train tracks on Sandbank Rd.
Everyone makes it around the corner ok, back onto Route 10. Alessio and Easton ( others ?) are now drilling it toward the center of town. I'll let someone else post the rest of the ride.
We will cut and paste it into this entry...

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry i stopped paying attention during the ride back. I was having vision problems associated with an oncoming migraine. My bet for the sprint is Alessio... Am i right?

Anonymous said...

Hunter,
Hopefully your migrane is better and it has not affected your long-term memory.......remember, there is NO sprint on this ride.
Please repeat this five times to aide in the memory process ..... lol

John

ps: sorry I couldn't make it last night, I had to iron my summer dresses for winter storage.

Anonymous said...

thanks John, and your right.... No sprint.

And summer dress, winter coat, fall turtleneck, whatever...You will always be a real man John.

Anonymous said...

John a real man? Ha! If you did not show up for a perfectly good ride last night then you are not a real man. Do not give credit to crazy chris either. That was George Dickerson that showed up last night. Let everyone know that not a drop of rain fell on the ride. The correct spelling of my last name is Crowell. You are right little t drilled it down RT-10 with John G sittling 2nd wheel and me 3rd wheel. John G decides he had enough and sat up. I almost road right through him.

Great ride last night. I am glad that tatoo eric did not get hurt in the crash.

See you guys next week.

Chris C.

emerrill33 said...

I thought I was getting style points for my home plate slide?

Anonymous said...

I won the sprint OF COURSE! and its little t not little T

Anonymous said...

That's why there wasn't a good turn-out Tuesday...rain! I didn't notice. Or did I?

Anonymous said...

little t is starting to get back in shape just in time for the winter. Nice hard pull up S&S hill. It's a good thing I didn't have my light bike ha...ha...ha...

Chris C.

Anonymous said...

little t is getting shape for CX season

Anonymous said...

Was anyone wearing the helmet cam?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Still thinking about the “little birds in the nest” comment!

Anonymous said...

Someone has to make a page for all the CCR videos.

Alessio said...

Just so we are all aware, I did not post the comment about the sprint that we no longer have. Although, the comment is correct.

ps: I will never post anonymously/cowardly

little T

Anonymous said...

So people are hacking into our little blog?

Anonymous said...

and who is "our" if you are the anonoymous hacker?

Alessio said...

I also did not post at 4:42 am. I guess my computer at school is slightly off.

little T

Anonymous said...

Well...Hunter's blog. He writes this right?

Anonymous said...

I'm confused. Alessio is not Alessio?
The blog is not my complete doing. Its reg'd in my name but it should be open to all who participate in the ride. I'm pretty sure we can set it so that you need to sign in before leaving comments. That may cut down on the "hackers".

as the great Mike McGinley says: " Got something to say? Talk with your legs."

Alessio said...

Alessio is Alessio. However, there was a comment posted anonymously claiming to be Alessio/little t. that was not posted by me regarding a sprint victory. Anyway, hope to see you guys tonight.

LT

Anonymous said...

don't shut us out, we have a voice too